We are seeking an outstanding Bioinformatician with experience in analysing next generation sequencing datasets from Illumina and Oxford nanopore instruments. Curve Therapeutics is an innovative, venture-backed start-up company based in Southampton, UK. The successful applicant will become part of a multidisciplinary team that is discovering and developing innovative therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
The candidate will be employed as a Senior Scientist in Bioinformatics by Curve Therapeutics at the company’s laboratories in Southampton Science Park (the role may be hybrid; remote working will be considered for an exceptional candidate). Curve is a spin-out from the laboratory of Professor Ali Tavassoli, who has pioneered innovative approaches to targeting protein-protein interactions. The platform has been used to identify and report a number of cell-active, first in class inhibitors (including Miranda et al., 2013, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10418, Leitch et al., 2018, Chem. Sci. 9, 5957 and Tavassoli, 2017, Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 38, 30).
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of analysing large NGS datasets, as well as the ability to write custom scripts for in-house analysis, and extraction of non-standard information from groups of such datasets. Experience with RNAseq data analysis is also desired.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of bioinformatic workflows to enable the analysis of large DNA and peptide data-sets with off the shelf and custom analysis tools
- Provide analysis for a range of techniques, including RNA-Seq and targeted sequencing
- Prepare and present results to a diverse range of scientific backgrounds at project meetings
- Work collaboratively with scientists to maximise interpretation of experimental data
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics and/or related field, with significant experience, preferably from an industry background
- Proficient in at least one programming language and relevant bioinformatic packages
- Experience with NGS analysis, in particular ONT or illumina workflows including Epi2ME or basespace
- Understanding of statistical analysis in the context of biological data
- Excellent communication skills, able to present complex findings to a diverse audience
The post is available to start immediately, and the company will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting start-up venture and to contribute to and shape world-leading drug discovery efforts.
Click on the link to apply online: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/bioinformatician-34065
Closing date 1st March 2024
Please note we do not accept referrals from recruitment agencies