Scientist – Molecular Biology
We are seeking an outstanding scientist with experience in a range of molecular biology techniques to join Curve Therapeutics, an innovative, venture-backed start-up company based in Southampton, UK. The successful applicant will become part of a multidisciplinary team that is discovering and developing innovative therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
The candidate will be employed as a Scientist by Curve Therapeutics at the company’s laboratories in Southampton. Curve is a spin-out from the laboratory of Professor Ali Tavassoli, who has pioneered innovative approaches to targeting protein-protein interactions. The platform has been used to identify and report a number of cell-active, first in class inhibitors (including Miranda et al., 2013, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10418, Leitch et al., 2018, Chem. Sci. 9, 5957 and Tavassoli, 2017, Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 38, 30).
• Conduct molecular biology research to enable the identification and validation of new drug targets.
• Implement a range of molecular biology techniques to generate DNA-encoded libraries.
• Help design and develop novel high-throughput screening platforms and workflows, working in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Provide detailed scientific reports and present data at project meetings.
• PhD or Masters/Bachelors in a Life Science subject such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field (Masters/Bachelors qualified applicants must have significant lab experience).
• A strong background in molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA extraction, PCR/qPCR, vector design and construction is essential.
• Experience in Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) would be a significant advantage, including the preparation of samples and the analysis of large data sets, as well as familiarity with ONT or Illumina technologies.
• Prior research experience within industry is highly desirable.
• Ability to problem solve and be adaptable in their work.
• Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining innovative approaches.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively present complex data to diverse audiences.
The post is available to start immediately, and the company will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting start-up venture and to contribute to and shape world-leading drug discovery efforts.
Click on the link to apply online: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/scientist-molecular-biology-34064
Closing date 1st March 2024
Please note we do not accept referrals from recruitment agencies