Scientist – Cell Biology
We are seeking an outstanding scientist with experience in a range of cell biology techniques to join Curve Therapeutics, an innovative, venture-backed start-up company based in Southampton, UK. The successful applicant will become part of a multidisciplinary team that is discovering and developing innovative therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
The candidate will be employed as a Scientist by Curve Therapeutics at the company’s laboratories in Southampton. Curve is a spin-out from the laboratory of Professor Ali Tavassoli, who has pioneered innovative approaches to targeting protein-protein interactions. The platform has been used to identify and report a number of cell-active, first in class inhibitors (including Miranda et al., 2013, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10418, Leitch et al., 2018, Chem. Sci. 9, 5957 and Tavassoli, 2017, Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 38, 30).
• Culturing and maintenance of mammalian cell lines in either 2D or 3D
• Develop cell based assays for screening new molecules.
• Assess new molecules in a range of assays to determine molecular and functional endpoints.
• Conduct cell based research to support validation of new drug targets.
• Provide detailed scientific reports and present data at project meetings.
• Work collaboratively across different disciplines including chemistry and biology.
• PhD or Masters/Bachelors qualified in a Life Science subject such as Molecular Biology or Biochemistry (Masters/Bachelors qualified applicants must have significant lab experience)
• Expertise in cell biology techniques such as cell culture, reporter assays, functional assays (e.g. cell viability, proliferation and ELISAs), western blotting, qPCR and microscopy.
• Experience in FACS or Flow Cytometry would be an advantage.
• Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining innovative approaches.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively present complex data to diverse audiences.
• Prior research experience within industry, particularly in assay development or high throughput screening, is highly desirable.
The post is available to start immediately, and the company will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting start-up venture and to contribute to and shape world-leading drug discovery efforts.
Click on the link to apply online: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/scientist-cell-biology-34063
Closing date 1st March 2024
Please note we do not accept referrals from recruitment agencies