Senior Scientist – Microfluidics
Curve Therapeutics is a venture-backed start-up company based on an innovative approach to targeting challenging disease targets developed by Prof Ali Tavassoli. The platform has been used to identify and report a number of cell-active, first in class inhibitors (including Miranda et al., 2013, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10418, Leitch et al., 2018, Chem. Sci. 9, 5957 and Tavassoli, 2017, Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 38, 30).
The company has sites in Southampton Science Park and the University of Southampton, UK.
Curve Therapeutics is seeking an outstanding scientist with experience in droplet microfluidics and the successful applicant will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team that is developing our proprietary compounds towards the clinic.
We are looking for a candidate who is motivated and can develop and optimise our microfluidics platforms that enable the identification and validation of inhibitors of some of the most challenging targets in drug discovery.
- PhD in Biomedical, Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering disciplines. Applications from candidates with relevant industrial experience and other qualifications are also welcome
- Experience with droplet microfluidics
- Experience with CAD design, data analysis / visualization
- Fluid mechanics – flow analysis design
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills and the with the ability to effectively present complex data to diverse audiences
- Optimisation of the current microfluidic screening platforms at curve therapeutics
- Developing and performing microfluidic screening campaigns
- Experience performing microfluidics-based high-throughput screens
- Experience in designing and developing active sorting microfluidic devices
The post is available to start immediately, and the company will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting start-up venture and to contribute to and shape world-leading drug discovery efforts.
Apply for this position via the following link: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/senior-scientist-microfluidics-31863