Curve Therapeutics is a venture-backed start-up company based on an innovative approach to targeting challenging disease targets developed by Prof Ali Tavassoli. The platform has been used to identify and report a number of cell-active, first in class inhibitors (including Miranda et al., 2013, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10418, Leitch et al., 2018, Chem. Sci. 9, 5957 and Tavassoli, 2017, Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 38, 30). The company has sites in Southampton Science Park and the University of Southampton, UK.
Curve Therapeutics is seeking an outstanding scientist with experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the successful applicant will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team that is developing our proprietary compounds towards the clinic.
– A relevant chemistry degree and/or a PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry. Applications from candidates with relevant industrial experience and other qualifications are also welcome
– Proven experience as a Synthetic Chemist who enjoys practical laboratory-based work and will be familiar with common techniques of organic synthesis.
– With excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Scientific integrity will be of the utmost importance to you, including data collection and record keeping.
– Able to work flexibly as part of a team, you will display a ‘can-do’ attitude and an enthusiasm to learn.
– Experience in solid phase and peptide chemistry;
– Ideally prior research experience within industry;
The post is available to start immediately, and the company will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting start-up venture and to contribute to and shape world-leading drug discovery efforts.
Apply for this position via the following link: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/scientist-synthetic-chemistry-31312